Want to be successful and achieve all the goals you set? Here are 15 powerful things you can do to accomplish your goals and build the successful life you desire…
1) Write down your goals. Or even better, write down your goals every day. You want to program your goals into your subconscious mind and that is why you need to keep on bombarding the idea of achieving your goals into your mind. Most people never do this because they are not committed and not serious about their goals.
2) Think about your goals. Yes, simply thinking about what you want can help you in achieving them. This is what the Law of Attraction is all about. You have to imagine the achievement of what you desire and feel good about it. Do you know that great people think about success all the time while ordinary people think about other unimportant stuff most of the time?
3) Create the success habit. Develop the success habit of taking consistent action each day. The key in creating the constructive habit is by starting small so that you will have better chance at producing results. In other words, you want to make success and achieving your goals easier when you start so that you can build up the confidence, boost your momentum and make it into a success habit of consistently achieving. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that you must set small goals, I’m suggesting you to dream big, but when you start, start small.
4) Think big, start small and act now. This is a very powerful idea because a lot of people get it wrong by setting huge goals that actually paralyze them instead of motivating them. It is true that you need to think big in order to be inspired by what you can accomplish in your life. However, when you first started out, you have to act small and focus on those small actionable steps that you can work on each day. It is the small step that will bring you accumulated result and eventually become successful.
5) Create a vision board for your goals. What goals do you want to achieve? If they are material things, you can cut out the pictures and paste the pictures into your vision board. If it is something abstract, you have to look for pictures or words that can represent your goal. The key in creating a vision board is so that you can constantly remind yourself about what you want to accomplish in your future.
6) Start your day strong and end your day with satisfaction. Every day, start by reviewing your goals and what you need to get done, exercise and eat healthy breakfast. And when the day end, review your goals once more, plan for the following day and give yourself a pat on the back because what you have accomplished during the day. You can write down your accomplishment and everything related to your success in your journal.
7) Make yourself an expert in your niche. The only way you can become successful is by becoming an expert in your niche or your industry. What you can do is to learn from other successful people who have done it before. If you try it your way, you will hit a lot of roadblocks and you have to figure out the right way on your own. Thus, the fastest way is to learn from others who have done it. Read books, attend seminars and ask those who have been there.
8) Work smart and be efficient. If you are not working smart and not efficient, you will end up working 20 hours a day but getting nothing done. Remember, never get confuse motion with progress. You can take massive action but end up producing no result because of being inefficient and doing something unproductive. So learn the right way and focus on doing the things that will give you the most results.
9) Practice the big 5 principle. This is one of the most powerful principles that I have learned throughout all these years. This big 5 principle is actually saying that each day, you must take 5 action steps or do at 5 things that will move you forward to your goals. If you can follow through this principle, achieving what you want will eventually be a reality.
10) Find the pleasure in what you do. Do you know that every successful person out there has a strong explosive obsession for what they do? They are so passionate about their work that they can’t wait to wake up and work. They are willing to sacrifice their leisure time and stay in the office late because they love what they do. Even during vacations they will think about their work. This is why successful people are able to produce such an outstanding outcome because they are crazily obsessed with their work.
11) Associate with others who shared the same dream. You have to understand that bird of the same feather flock together. If you want to know who you will become in the next 5 years, look at all the people you mix around. This is because you will become part of those you associate with. It is difficult to influence others and change their thought; instead, usually you will be the one that get influenced. Thus, choose to associate with other successful people so that you will get influenced by them and become successful as well.
12) Create the productive environment. Most people underestimate how the environment can make them productive or procrastinate on their work. Do you know that the surrounding you are in can be a great factor that will make you or break you? For example, if you want to read a book but always get distracted, try to go to an environment that support you in reading, try to go to the library to read and you will see how productive you can become. For your work place, organize it like a real work place instead of a place for you to relax and play.
13) Travel to places you have never been once in a while.What you can do is to travel oversea at least once a year. You want to do this because you want to get new and fresh ideas or insights while travelling to other places you have never been before. And do you know that while you are travelling, you get to break out of your usual comfort zone because you are doing something totally different from you normal day to day activities? If you want to grow in life, go travel to new places from time to time.
14) Act like you have accomplished your goals. You just need to groom well, dress well and act like you have already accomplished your dreams. If your dream is to become the top sale of your company, then act like one. Walk like a top sale, think like a top sale, dress like a top sale and do things like a top sale would do. “Fake it until you make it” is so old school, but it definitely is working.
15) Continue to read this blog. Each week, I will try my best to come up with 2 new and inspiring articles. Hence, subscribe to my RSS feed to get updates or you can simply like the Facebook fan page to get daily inspirational quotes. By the way, do you know that motivation is a crucial key to achieving what you want in life? Without motivation, you will procrastinate and end up not taking action. Zig Ziglar once said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” So get motivated daily so that you will have the drive to take action throughout the whole journey.